We appreciate our community coming together during the COVID-19 crisis! Your generosity is inspiring. Whether you made a donation or donated Personal Protective Equipment, we thank YOU!
If you wish to support Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) and Providence Care, donations can be made through UHKF:
- Donations to Areas of Greatest Priority – both KHSC and Providence Care have constant need for equipment to provide care to our patients, clients and residents. To fight this virus, our hospitals are spending on items such as personal protective equipment, ventilators, diagnostic and testing equipment, additional hospital beds, and digital infrastructure needed to enable virtual patient care.
- Donation to the Comfort Fund – supports for patients, clients and residents to assist with distraction, maintaining connections with family electronically and other comforts; and funds to allow us to recognize the physicians and staff for their diligent and dedicated work during this time of pandemic outbreak – including but not limited to providing lunches/snacks/coffee.
There are many other ways to support KHSC and Providence Care:
- Send a message to show your appreciation of the teams at KHSC and Providence Care. Let’s show them some love! Over the next several weeks, UHKF will publish your responses on our social channels and our healthcare partners.
- You can also wear your heart on your window to show your support. Click here to download the #YGKHealthcareHeroes blue heart and display it in a window, so that your neighbours can see. Take a picture, post it on social media and tag #UHKF.
- Donations of supplies such as medical-grade infrared no-touch thermometers, masks (N95, surgical, or procedural masks); medical or surgical gowns; Tyvek suits; face shields, visors and safety goggles; alcohol-based hand sanitizer; hand soap (unscented); and cleaning supplies. The hospitals are not accepting handmade items with the exception of masks made for patients. If you have items to donate, please contact Maryanne Takala at Maryanne.takala@3SO.ca. Please do not drop supplies off at the hospital as access is currently restricted only to those who need care.
- KHSC is also asking for donations of computer video/audio conferencing equipment to support our staff and physicians. They are asking for the following types of equipment:
- Webcams with USB connections
- Wired/wireless headsets with USB connection
- All-in-one video/audio desktop design with USB connection
These donations will allow our teams to have virtual meetings and e-visits between physicians and their patients. If you have some of these items you wish to donate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!