Our policy provides guidelines and procedures for granting donated funds in a consistent and efficient manner.
All requests for UHKF grants must come through each designated hospital’s approval process to the UHKF Grants Office. Please contact your organization’s finance office to ensure a sufficient fund balance.
Grant requests for the following purposes are within the foundation guidelines:
- Patient Care Programs (e.g. patient assistance funds)
All grant requests must be submitted using the UHKF grant request form and following the procedure determined by the UHKF Executive Director in consultation with hospital stakeholders. (Draft attached as Schedule 1.) Forms must be fully complete in order for the application to be considered.
UHKF generally issues grants to reimburse the hospital for purchases/services that have been invoiced to the hospital by the supplier or provider.
By exception, UHKF may authorize a grant in advance of the purchase commitment, such as providing advance salary funding to secure research positions.
UHKF reserves the right to determine timing of large grants, based on availability of funds from short-term investments.
UHKF Grant Approval Process
- Grant requests of up to $100,000 will be reviewed and approved by the Executive Director, UHKF. Grant requests of $100,000 or more will be reviewed and approved by the UHKF Board of Directors.
- Grant requests which are to be paid from restricted funds in support of approved hospital fundraising priorities will be reviewed and approved by the Executive Director.
- Grants requests which are to be paid from unrestricted funds for projects or items which are not approved hospital fundraising priorities will be subject to an approval process determined by the Executive Director in consultation with the Board Chair.
- From time to time the foundation board may issue further granting guidelines to ensure future capacity to fund major capital projects as required.
- The Executive Director has an obligation to ensure the sustainability of the foundation
More on our Granting Policy