It makes good sense
A special project is underway at Hotel Dieu Hospital that is aimed at providing better care for patients as they will have convenient, barrier-free access. Our plan is to move the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) ambulatory clinics from their current location in the Murray Building (circa 1881) into the main building at Hotel Dieu Hospital. This relocation will result in:
- A setting that is more suitable to support the high-tech equipment needed for ENT care
- More timely access to care for services such as audiology and speech language pathology for children in southeastern Ontario
- Shorter waits for the growing number of adults with disorders of the ear, nose and throat, and head and neck areas
- 65 per cent more space, which is good news for a department that is forecasting 30 per cent more demand for these services over the next eight years
- A better work environment for doctors, nurses and other health professionals to deliver the best care possible
Your can double the impact of your donation today thanks to the Estate of Larry Gibson
On Sept. 26, trustees from the Estate of Larry Gibson announced the estate would match donations from community members up to $200,000 in an effort to incent support for the ENT project.
Larry Gibson was a well-known philanthropist who continues to leave his mark on the community. Diagnosed with throat cancer, Larry understood the importance of great care. In 2008 he made a $2-million donation that enabled the massive Cancer Centre redevelopment.
It was fitting for the estate to contribute to the ENT clinic project. Jay Rayner, a representative of the estate, announced the matching fund, noting that “Larry was always thinking about others and making generous donations in support of the causes he cared about.”
“We are very grateful for these donations in support of the ENT redevelopment project,” says Dr. Russell Hollins, Head of Otolaryngology at Hotel Dieu, Kingston General Hospital and Queen’s. “It’s easier for doctors, nurses and hospital staff to deliver the best care possible when they work in the best environment.
See the difference that ENT care makes in the lives of people like Rachel:
Ways you can make a difference today:
- Contact the UHKF at 613.549.5452 or toll-free in southeastern Ontario at 1-866-549-5452
- Donate online
- Give in person or via mail at: 55 Rideau Street, Ste 4, Kingston, ON K7K 2Z8