Providence Care is committed to enhancing quality of life by meeting the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each person.
We are excited to share information about a major upcoming project for Providence: the building of a new home for Providence Manor. You can read more about that project here: Providence Manor Rebuild_final
In addition to the skill and compassion of treatment teams, equipment plays an important role in the health care of patients, clients and residents. As you can imagine, the furniture and specialized equipment at any of Providence Care’s sites is constantly in use – and has a finite lifespan. An electric bed typically requires replacement after eight years and the average ceiling lift lasts only about five years.
Facilities are also very important – and Providence Care has a vision to replace its outdated Providence Manor long-term care home with a new home, built to meet the care needs of today’s residents.
Out-dated or aging facities, furniture and equipment limit Providence Care’s ability to provide the best care. It hampers efforts to retain and recruit doctors, nurses and other health care professionals to our region. It also poses a safely issue for patients, clients, residents and staff – and is a cause of concern and distress for those who may already feel emotionally and/or physically vulnerable.
That’s why the university hospitals place a top priority on ensuring all personal care, diagnostic, interventional and rehabilitation equipment is as current as possible and readily available. And that’s why we ask you to invest in new equipment for Providence Care.
Your gift will:
- Provide enhanced comfort, dignity and safety for residents at Providence Care now and into the future
- Reduce the chance of injury for residents and staff at Providence Manor
- Provide residents with an increased sense of independence
- Ensure delivery of the most compassionate care possible
- Help Providence Care stay on the leading edge of delivery of long-term care
Ways you can make a difference today:
- Contact the University Hospitals Kingston Foundation at 613.549.5452 or toll-free in southeastern Ontario at 1-866-549-5452
- Donate online
- Give in person or via mail at: 55 Rideau Street, Ste 4, Kingston, ON K7K 2Z8