This $65-million Extraordinary People, Innovative Health Care campaign is designed to help pave the way for the next major investment in redevelopment of health care for the people of Southeastern Ontario.
At the time of the campaign’s launch, $35.5 million has already been committed by area residents, businesses, community organizations and family foundations.
You are sending a strong message of support for the best health care possible. It is because of the incredible support that our foundation sees from our region that we are focused on Extraordinary People and Innovative Health Care.
Our current priority areas are:
- Specialized acute care – to offer newborns and their parents the best start at life; and to support the centre’s role as a regional hub for the highest quality of surgical care
- Emergency and urgent care – to ensure you get the emergent and lifesaving care you need, when seconds count
- Ambulatory care – to best meet the growing demands for specialized outpatient care
- Diagnostics – new laboratory facilities create new options for personalized medicine and a second MRI helps us meet the urgent need for complex diagnostics
- Research – to foster an environment for scientific innovation and the transfer of knowledge to practice at the bedside
- Long-term care – to further secure Providence Manor’s reputation as a leader in long-term care, research and education focused specifically for our aging population.
- Ongoing equipment and education.